Raw or Ripe Pu-erh
 Learn About Different Tea Types   Started by Jessica T   2017-09-03 17:46:07 +01:00   Comments: 2    Viewed: 281

1. Jessica T
    Jessica T Member
    Recently I started drinking pu-erh tea more. Only after I found out there is a raw pu'erh as well. I got interested and started reading a bit more about pu'erh teas but I am still very confused. If raw pu-erh is good for aging and gets better and better with time, is the same true for ripe pu-erh. Is got the impression ripe pu-erh is instantly ready for drinking and got a bit confused - can it really age? Is there a point is storing ripe pu-erh and waiting a couple of years to drink it?
    Jessica T, 2017-09-03 17:46:46 +01:00
  2. David L
    David L Member
    There is and there isn't. Ripe pu'er was invented in the early 70s to speed up the aging process. However, they are very different. Some pire pu'ers might get a bit more mellow over the time, but they don't actually age. Some raw pu'er teas are great young, some need ages to get the perfect flavor. It really depends. It's a very wide category of teas. I guess the best would be to test and try.
    David L, 2017-10-08 16:34:14 +01:00
  3. (You must log in or sign up to post here)

Write your reason

Terms & Conditions!
Help!