Benefits - Drink Healthy Tea
- Approximately 40% of the nation's fluid intake today will be tea
- Tea without milk has no calories. Using semi-skimmed milk adds around 13 calories per cup, but you also benefit from valuable minerals and calcium
- Tea with milk provides 21% of daily calcium requirement in 4 cups
- Tea contains some zinc and folic acid needed in your daily vitamin intake
- Tea with milk contains Vitamin B6, Riboflavin B2 and Thiamin B1
- Tea is a source of the minerals manganese, essential for bone growth and body development, and potassium, vital for maintaining body fluid levels
- The average cup of tea contains less than half the level of caffeine than coffee and twice the health benefits. One cup of tea contains only 50mg of caffeine per 190ml cup
- Tea is a natural source of fluoride needed for healthy, white teeth, and drinking four cups makes a significant contribution to your daily intake
- Only 11% of UK water supply has fluoride added
- Green and black teas are from the same plant, Camellia sinensis, and contain similar amounts of health benefits, antioxidants and caffeine http://www.tea.co.uk/index.php?pgId=20
It's no wonder tea is considered a super food with numerous documented and yet to be realized heath benefits. Healthy tea has been consumed daily throughout the world for centuries, Chinese herbalists have long revered the healing properties of tea and even refer to them as healing teas. Some eastern doctors run entire medical practices based solely on the health benefits and health powers contained in a cup of tea.Today, the health benefits are gaining widespread attention in the west, especially in the scientific community that recognizes the many health benefits from drinking tea.
Although drastically important, the health benefits of tea arenâ€™t contained solely to the prevention of life threatening and potentially life ending diseases and cancers. The health benefits of drinking tea also give huge advantages to people, especially women, who seek natural ways to stay beautiful. European super-models have long claimed the use of tea not only as a beverage, but also as a mask, for soaking in and as skin creams. These natural beauty techniques help promote healthy, clear skin, a white smile, shiny, healthy hair and a trim waistline.