What is Matcha Tea?
Matcha Tea is a finely milled, powdered, Japanese green tea. When you drink other loose leaf teas, you’re simply brewing the tea leaves and missing out on so much the tea has to offer.
With matcha, the leaves are stone ground. It’s made from the tender, young leaves at the top of the tea plant and is stone ground into a fine powder. This means you’re not straining out any of the leaves in the process of making the tea; and that you consume the entire leaf with every sip!
This tea packs a powerful punch of health benefits. In fact, drinking one glass of matcha is the equivalent to drinking ten glasses of green tea! That’s right, it has more antioxidant and nutritional value than the popular green variety.
Don’t believe me? Here are just some of the benefits of drinking matcha:
Matcha Tea Benefits
1. It is FULL of antioxidants. When tested, matcha was shown to have 20 times more antioxidants than pomegranates or blueberries. It supplies the antioxidant called catechin EGCG, which is an amazing cancer fighter that counteracts free radicals in the body.
2. It boosts your metabolism and helps to burn fat. It gives you energy and stamina to make it through the day or through a workout session. The L-Theanine in matcha gives you a state of alertness without a crazy caffeine buzz that will have you crashing later in the day.
3. It helps memory and clarity.
4. The chlorophyll in the tea helps detox your body naturally and safely.
5. It is soothing and calming.
6. It is full of vitamins and nutrients. It contains catechins, amino acids, fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, L-Theanine and Potassium.
There is so much that you can do with matcha tea as well. You can put it in a smoothie to give it a great taste and a lovely green color. You can make a tasty green pudding dessert or a soothing latte. Matcha Lattes are fabulous with steamed milk in the morning. You can sprinkle the powder into just about anything too! Matcha on steamed rice, anyone? Yes, please!
If you’re interested in boosting your nutrition and energy you should give this powerful, little green drink a try! I’m sure you’ll love it as much as I do!