It has been a while since we discussed an article involving loose leaf tea for cooking. This time, we'll make use of Oolong tea leaves and how it adds a delicate twist to one of our favorite seafood - the scallops.
This recipe is basically about using a loose leaf Oolong as coating for our scallops. Oolong tea gives it an added flavor.
- 1 1/2 tablespoon loose leaf Oolong leaves
- 1/2 orange
- 1/2 lemons
- 1/2 lime
- 12 pieces sea scallops
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- Squeeze the orange, lemon and lime. Set aside.
- Remove the tough muscle part of the scallops and pat dry. Set aside.
- Grind the oolong tea leaves and lay on the plate. Set aside.
- Heat the saucepan with a temperature just below a simmer.
- Pour the juices. Add the butter and whisk.
- Put salt and pepper to taste. Set aside but keep the sauce warm.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper and press gently over the tea leaves.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat and pour the olive oil.
- Sear the scallops but do not overcook. Make sure that they do not turn fully to opaque.
- Place the scallops in a plate and pour the sauce. Serve.
This recipe with loose leaf oolong tea is fairly simple to follow! Hope you enjoy!