Another frustrating hair problem that most of us suffer from is dandruff. These itchy flakes are really disturbing and could oftentimes cause embarrassment. Most dandruff sufferers take utmost efforts to eliminate these flakes and prevent them from coming back. Sure, there are a number of anti-dandruff shampoos and creams available. But for those seeking alternative and safe treatments, why not try using chamomile tea or green tea?
Chamomile tea is often used by people because of its calming effects. But with its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, it has also been used as remedy for cough and other health issues. Now, chamomile tea has also been found to treat dandruff.
It is undeniable that green tea has been widely used worldwide, not just as a drink, but also as a health remedy. There have been numerous studies supporting green tea's ability to cure certain diseases. And with its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, green tea also becomes an effective agent against dandruff.
- Boil 1 cup of water in a saucepan.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of loose leaf chamomile tea and 1 tablespoon of lavender herbs.
- If you plan to use green tea, pour 2 tablespoons of loose leaf green tea and exclude adding lavender.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the fire and let the mixture steep for around 30 minutes.
- Pour on a glass container, straining the leaves off.
How to Use
- Wash your hair with shampoo and rinse.
- Pour the chamomile tea/green tea on hair and massage on to scalp.
- Leave on hair for 1 hour. For long hair, wrap it up with a shower cap.
- Rinse hair with warm water and massage to remove flakes.
You can wash your hair with this blend as needed. Visible flakes will lessen with regular use, preferably twice a week for persistent cases. And with any alternative treatments, rare cases of allergies may occur; hence it is advisable to apply chamomile or green tea on patch tests first. Also, please note that hair may lighten with extended use of chamomile tea. So when you find your dandruff case resolved, you may discontinue use to keep your hair's dark color.