Hair is every person's crowning glory. It is important to always keep it looking vibrant and well-nourished. Unfortunately, keeping it soft and manageable isn't always easy. Plus, there comes tangles and brittleness. But above all these hair problems, one of the most common issues affecting both men and women is thinning and falling hair, which could be very alarming especially when left unattended.
Aside from using conditioner after every wash, the key to achieving strong, beautiful locks is to reinforce it with treatment masks.
While there are numerous hair care products available in the market today, nothing is still safer than the organic and chemical-free ones. And what's the best material to use? Of course green tea.
Green tea antioxidants are capable of reinforcing hair follicles, keeping it strong. Tea helps inhibit the hormone DHT that causes pattern baldness to both male and female. In numerous studies, green tea EGCG and catechin have also shown to promote hair growth.
Follow these simple steps to make your own green tea hair mask.
What you'll need:
- 2 tablespoons loose leaf green tea
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 egg yolk
How to use:
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned above and try to achieve a consistent, creamy texture. If the mixture comes too thick, add more of green tea.
- Apply the mixture generously and evenly into scalp.
- Cover hair with a shower cap and leave in for around 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Repeat green tea hair mask once a week or as necessary.