It is amazing how the propagation of tea has progressed overtime. From a simple drink, tea has leveraged into becoming a popular health drink known to cure and aid several illnesses and health discomforts. Among the herbs now popularly used as tea is chamomile, a flowering plant from the daisy family.
Either of chamomile's fresh or dried flowers could be used as tea. With its promising potential as a natural medicine, chamomile tea has been used by people around the world to cure a number of everyday illnesses. Such ailments include sleeping disorders, stomach pains, anxiety and skin conditions.
Chamomile Tea Benefits
For centuries, chamomile tea continued to prove itself in the field of alternative medicine. With a number of health and physical benefits, it's no longer a wonder why people opt to use chamomile tea instead.
The following chamomile benefits have been treasured from generations to generations and are continuously being valued by people in the present:
- Drinking chamomile tea 30 to 45 minutes prior to bedtime helps relieve sleeping disorders such as insomnia.
- With its strong antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties, chamomile tea relieves stomach spasms, menstrual cramps and even ulcers.
- Chamomile tea also alleviates gas pains, bloating and other discomforts of irritable bowel syndrome.
- Drinking chamomile tea helps reduce nerve excitability.
- Taking a bath in water with chamomile tea helps lighten skin.
- And perhaps one of chamomile tea's prime benefits is that it helps cure migraine. You should drink chamomile tea as soon as you observe headache and symptoms of migraine.
It's just simply amazing how we could all have these benefits in chamomile tea. Indeed, we have been so privileged to enjoy health in a good drink.