As I sit typing this blog post, it is 114 degrees Fahrenheit outside my front door. Needless to say, it is hot and, with most of the United States experiencing high temperatures as well, it may just be time to find a tea related remedy for this problem. I have a solution from in the form of an easy to make Apricot Chai Tea Milkshake recipe that only takes about 10 minutes to prepare.
What you'll need:
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 teaspoons of Apricot Chai tea
- 4 cups French Vanilla ice cream
- Seeds from one vanilla bean
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves and whipped cream (optional)
- 1 cup milk
What you'll do:
- Boil 1 cup water
- Brew the Apricot Chai in a tea strainer or the California Tea House Sleek Steep tea brewing kettle
- Pour tea into ice cube tray and freeze
- Take the Chai tea ice cubes and put them into a blender along with the remaining ingredients
- Blend until combined
- Add a little whip cream and cinnamon on top to take it up a notch and enjoy!
If simply making yourself a cool treat doesn't convince you to try this recipe, keep in mind that Chai tea also has antioxidant properties and has been said to aid in digestion as well.
Enjoy and keep cool!