Why can't I fall asleep!? Learn Herbal Remedies for Insomnia:
I've have had difficulty sleeping for the majority of my life and lately with the stress of school and late nights, my sleeping patterns are way out of wack. Not wanting to take prescription sleeping pills, It was time I discovered some herbal remedies for insomnia.
I've tried many different remedies : melatonin, warm milk, listening to classical music and nothing has been as consistent as having a cup of tea a half hour before hitting the hay.
Having the same sleep-deprivation issues? Try these teas to see if it will help soothe your soul and quiet your brain for a restful nights sleep:
- Chamomile : it is a sedative herb that is popular in countries such as Mexico and England for insomnia. It is also a popular ingredient in bath oils meant to soothe before bedtime.
- Hops : It has been used as a sedative for insomnia triggered by worry or weak nerves in the 1900s. It has also been used as nervousness and restlessness.
- Lavender : It is considered to be "a gentle strengthening tonic for the nervous system." Also popular in bath and massage oils to help relax and relieve users.
- California poppy : A popular ingredient in various herbal remedies, California poppy has been promoted as a remedy for sleeplessness, anxiety, and tension.
- Valerian Root: A natural herb sedative that helps calms your nerves, relieves anxiety and sleeping aid found in California Tea House's Bedtime Chai bedtime tea.
There are many other options of teas to help with sleeplessness as well as herbal supplements. Drinking a cup of tea before going to bed not only helps you to relax and wind down but you also is a nice treat to yourself before putting an end to your day.