I am lucky enough to live in a very outdoorsy city where the opportunity to hike, bike, run and picnic in lush, green surroundings is very accessible. As with most beautiful, lush, green places, allergies often creep into your day and wreak havoc on outside adventures. If you're like me, you'll do everything possible before taking antihistamines that leave many people weirdly wired and in no condition to enjoy the rest of their day.
In search of a natural remedies and immune boosts to combat allergies, I came across numerous articles and studies supporting rooibos as a common cure for seasonal allergies. While the effects of the tisane are believed by many to eliminate or prevent symptoms of allergic reaction, it must be noted that the theory is not scientifically proven and may not work for some. If you're anything like myself and other allergy sufferers, you'd rather try drinking tea before many of the other options!
I've listed a few benefits of rooibos tisane that further support drinking rooibos to reduce allergy symptoms or prevent allergic episodes. After reading, you may decide to try this option for yourself. At the very least, you will end up with a delicious cup of rich, nutty, flavorful tea!
- Rooibos contains bioflavanoids that interfere with histamines, a chemical produced in your body. When too much histamine is released, it results in allergic symptoms including red eyes, wheezing, runny nose, itchy skin and sore throat.
- Rooibos is a natural, strong antioxidant that not only protects the body from damage but also repairs damage from free radicals and boosts the immune system.
- Drinking rooibos is an acceptable from of allergy relief throughout the day and evening since it is caffeine free.
- There is a theory that rooibos may block hormones which cause inflammation, a key cause of allergic reaction symptoms.
- Rooibos contains vital minerals for reducing inflammation and slowing aging: zinc, calcium, magnesium and iron.
- By inducing calm and reducing stress, rooibos may help you sleep more soundly. Adequate sleep and minimal stress are essential to boosing the immune system, fighting allergies and promoting overall health.